Allow me to introduce you to my new favourite meal for that moment when you’re like, “I just got home from a tough workout, and I need dinner STAT, and it’s gotta be a real meal and not cereal again”: Potsticker Soup.
I found this potsticker soup recipe online. The original recipe was for wonton soup using frozen pre-made wontons, but I happened to have a bag of potstickers on hand. I say that like it was random, but it certainly wasn’t. You can make your potstickers if you want them authentic.
Potsticker SoupPrint Recipe
- 5-6 cups of “your favourite broth”
- 1/4 cup of reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger
- All the frozen potstickers you want
- 2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms
- Handfuls of baby spinach
- A little hoisin sauce for topping
- In a large pot, bring broth, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and ginger to a boil.
- Add potstickers, mushrooms, and spinach. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Top with hoisin sauce.