I don’t know about you, but I’ll always get the ground meat when deciding whether to purchase pre-made burgers from the grocery store vs. buying the ground beef and making the patties myself. That way, I know exactly what will be going into the burger, but I also know that it’s guaranteed to taste fantastic. I’m going to share with you this ridiculously simple recipe for homemade burgers with lean beef.
Heavenly Homemade Burgers with Lean Beef
I love throwing different ingredients into the mix every time I cook, but this tried-and-true method of making homemade burgers with lean beef needs no experimenting, no deviation; just follow the simple instructions below for a guaranteed tasty flavour.
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef) - Extra lean beef
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef) - medium beef, as you do need some fat for flavour
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce (barbecue sauce)
- 1 medium red onion - minced
- 5 tablespoons bread crumbs
- ⅓ teaspoon salt - or to taste
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper - or to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 medium hamburger buns
- Put all your ingredients in a large bowl and mix them well with your hands.
- Form the mixture into patties (as big or as small as you’d like) and place them on the grill
- Grill for about 6-8 minutes a side until the juices start to run clear
- If you like your bun nice and toasty, toss that on the grill! Easy Peasy!
- Put the patty on the bun, add your favourite burger toppings, and enjoy!
I usually opt for extra lean meats in my cooking, but from experience, the combination of an extra lean beef with just a lean beef, or even a medium beef, makes a HUGE difference in the juiciness and flavour of your burger. A combination is HIGHLY recommended.
Calories: 614kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 53gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 796mgPotassium: 893mgFiber: 2gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 84IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 131mgIron: 8mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!