I don’t know about you, but I’ll always get the ground meat when deciding whether to purchase pre-made burgers from the grocery store vs. buying the ground beef and making the patties myself. That way, I know exactly what will be going into the burger, but I also know that it’s guaranteed to taste fantastic. I’m going to share with you this ridiculously simple recipe for homemade burgers with lean beef.
Heavenly Homemade Burgers with Lean Beef
- 1 lb ground beef (minced beef) - Extra lean beef
- 1 lb ground beef (minced beef) - medium beef, as you do need some fat for flavour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce (barbecue sauce)
- 1 red onion - minced
- 5 tbsp bread crumbs
- ⅓ tsp salt - or to taste
- ⅓ tsp ground black pepper - or to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4 hamburger buns
- Put all your ingredients in a large bowl and mix them well with your hands.
- Form the mixture into patties (as big or as small as you’d like) and place them on the grill
- Grill for about 6-8 minutes a side until the juices start to run clear
- If you like your bun nice and toasty, toss that on the grill! Easy Peasy!
- Put the patty on the bun, add your favourite burger toppings, and enjoy!