Sensational White Chicken Chili Recipe. Well, I had quite the unmotivated week the last few days. My poor little blog in this corner of the interwebs got a bit ignored, along with my in-real-life friends and my blogging friends.
I just needed a bit of a break to veg out on the couch by myself in the evenings, binge-watching series on NetFlix, and spending some quality time by myself during the weekend. Good thing I had a simple minced chicken dinner planned for Sunday night – and it ended up being easy and tasty!
I like to cook a big batch of healthy chicken breasts sometimes in the crockpot and then use it in several dishes. I can usually get about three meals out of a family-size package of chicken breasts. So I used about two and a half of the chicken breasts to make a White Chicken Chili Recipe this weekend. I really like traditional chili, but a little variety once in a while is nice.
If you have leftover chicken to use up, this White Chicken Chili Recipe is perfect for it. I will say that it is made as described, it isn’t what I would call spicy, but it has a little hint of spice to it. So if you have kiddos who won’t do any kind of spice, you may want to use regular diced tomatoes rather than the Rotel ones.
Sensational White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 2 cans white beans
- 1 can passata or crushed tomatoes (tomato puree with seeds removed) - undrained
- 20 ounces chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon)
- 2½ pieces chicken breast - minced or shredded, cooked (about 2½ to 3 cups)
- 1 small onion - diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Pout the first can of beans into a crockpot. Use a potato masher or fork to mash up the beans until they are a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.