Teriyaki Beef Meatballs are a delicious twist on the classic meatball dish. A combination of ingredients is used to make these succulent meatballs, such as ground beef, panko breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, and egg, for added flavor and moisture. The star of this dish is the sweet and savory teriyaki sauce that perfectly complements the tender beef meatballs. This recipe is great for family dinners, weekend gatherings, or even meal prep for the week.
To make the Teriyaki Beef Meatballs, you’ll need ground beef, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, egg, salt, and pepper. The teriyaki sauce calls for soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, honey, sesame oil, and cornstarch.
The key to making the perfect teriyaki beef meatballs is to first mix together all of the meatball ingredients and shape them into balls. Then, you’ll want to bake them until they are cooked through and golden brown. As the meatballs cook, begin preparing the teriyaki sauce by whisking the ingredients in a saucepan until thickened. Once the meatballs are done, simply pour the teriyaki sauce over them and serve with your favorite side dish.
This Teriyaki Beef Meatballs recipe is not only easy to make, but it’s also a crowd-pleaser that will leave your guests wanting more. Try it out for your next dinner party or family gathering and impress everyone with your culinary skills.
The Best Teriyaki Beef Meatballs Recipe
Ingredients for Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup green onions (scallions or green shallots) - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
Ingredients for Teriyaki Sauce:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger - grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
Instructions for Meatballs:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix ground beef, panko breadcrumbs, egg, green onions, and garlic in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into small meatballs and place them onto a baking sheet.
- Cook the meatballs in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they are cooked through.
Instructions for Teriyaki Sauce:
- In a small saucepan, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, sesame oil, and ginger. Heat the mixture on medium heat until it begins to bubble.
- Using a small bowl, blend cornstarch and water thoroughly with a whisk until well combined. Pour in the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan and whisk continuously until the sauce has thickened.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, pour the teriyaki sauce over the meatballs and toss until they are fully coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the delicious teriyaki beef meatballs!