These Guilt-Free Burgers are low in fat, low in sodium, and a healthy alternative for your regular burgers….We hear the mumbo-jumbo all the time.
I have been eating ground turkey for years, and although it is good, sometimes it needs some extra flavoring. Here is a Delicious and Guilt-Free Garden Burgers recipe I have come up with for a very flavorful burger! The whole family loves it!
Delicious And Guilt-Free Garden BurgersPrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mrs Dash – (Garlic and Herb is my favorite flavor for this meal)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Divide the mixture into 6 equal parts and roll each part into a ball, and press into patties. This recipe makes 6 perfect patties!
3. Fry in a non-stick pan on one side for about 4 minutes at 300 degrees (medium heat). Flip over. Fry until cooked through, about 8 minutes total.
Better yet, put them out on the grill or on an inside electric griddle.
The recipe is close to a meatloaf recipe. The egg helps to hold it all together, the oats cook up so that it mimics the meat and the vegetables add flavor while acting as a hidden source of vitamins.
When cooking turkey meat, note that it does not have much grease…much healthier for those watching their cholesterol and triglycerides.
I forgot to add that you can substitute any vegetables that you want, even those grown from your own garden! Some other suggestions are any other types of peppers, shredded zucchini, or celery.