The Best Baked Ziti With Sausage. I would first like to start by saying I am so in love with the baked ziti in the picture. With that said, I LOVE this Baked Ziti With Sausage recipe. It is right up there next to Alfredo in my blog.
I will always make extra of this recipe and put a pan in the freezer unbaked, so I have a quick meal when I don’t feel like cooking. So basically, I will put one in the freezer that I can bake approximately two days later..haha, cooking… necessary evil…but I love food…see the predicament!?!
So let me tell you how I came across this Baked Ziti With Sausage recipe. Before, I went to Goodwill and bought cookbooks for a low price. I bought this one called Pasta and Noodles, and I was flipping through it one day, and this ziti page was well loved. So I tried it and have been hooked ever since!! I can only imagine what other delicious recipes it holds.
First, you have to get your sauce going with chicken broth, tomato sauce, and oregano. While the sauce is simmering, brown your Italian sausage and ground beef. You also boil your noodles until tender.
Next, you mix egg, ricotta and parsley. Then you put it all together. Mix some sauce with your ricotta mixture. Add some noodles. Add more sauce and ricotta mixture and top with cheese. Repeat until everything is gone, bake and enjoy the best-baked ziti with sausage.
The Best Baked Ziti With Sausage
- ½ pound Italian sausage (American name for Pork Sausage with Fennel Seeds)
- ½ pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 5 cups Marinara sauce (tomatoes, garlic, herbs, and onions – pasta sauce in southern hemisphere for Italian seafood dish)
- 1 cup chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon)
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 medium egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 8 ounce mozzarella cheese - shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Brown Italian sausage and ground beef in a large skillet. Drain the fat drippings. Stir in the tomato sauce, broth and oregano and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook ziti al dente according to package directions (basically until they are just about done). Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, ricotta and parsley.
- Ladle a large spoonful of sauce into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Spread a large spoonful of the ricotta mixture into the sauce. Top with half the baked ziti, half the remaining sauce, the remaining ricotta mixture and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers of ziti, sauce and mozzarella.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly. Let cool for ten minutes.