Lamb is a popular staple at my house; we eat it at least once a week, from minced to chops to roasts and steaks. This time I’m sharing my recipe for lamb skewers with feta, a speedy and delicious weekday meal that is easy to make, can go with various side dishes, and always tastes great! You can also prepare and grill just before serving, but I don’t ever feel the need to prepare this in advance as it’s so quick.
Minced Lamb Skewers With Feta Recipe
A good old-fashioned griddle will suffice, or better yet, if it’s a sunny day, why not cook these over the BBQ? I always serve the minced lamb skewers with feta with tzatziki sauce, fries and a salad! This an effortless meal you can make any day of the week!
- 1 pound ground lamb (minced lamb) - (minced lamb)
- 1 ¼ cup feta cheese - crumbled Greek feta
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder - or minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium egg
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- Mix all the ingredients with your hands.
- Grab a handful of meat, about enough to form a large meatball. Roll it between your hands to form a patty, then place the skewer across the middle.
- Then wrap the meat around the skewer and tighten it by squeezing the meat and shaping it until it fits nicely and doesn’t look like it’s going to fall off! The point is to ensure the meat is wrapped tightly around the skewer in a sausage shape and can be easily removed once cooked.
Now comes the grilling part
- Cooking times vary from 10 to 20 minutes, depending on how much meat you wrap around each skewer. They'll take longer if you're using a griddle pan. If you're doing these on a BBQ over an open flame it will take about 10 minutes.
If you choose the open flame, make sure to first soak the skewer sticks in water before adding the meat to ensure the sticks don’t catch fire!
Calories: 697kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 39gFat: 51gSaturated Fat: 24gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 221mgSodium: 1731mgPotassium: 484mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 375IUVitamin C: 0.1mgCalcium: 405mgIron: 5mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.