This warm and comforting Spicy Turkey Soup Recipe is packed with spicy and garlicky seasoning, and it’s ready in minutes once you have the turkey broth. Turkey has a special place in my heart. And that’s the reason why I learned a few tricks to minimize the gamey taste and smell, and that’s to brine the turkey the day before.
Quick and Easy Spicy Turkey Soup RecipePrint Recipe
- 1/2 pound (480 grams) ground turkey
- 1/2 cup (80 grams) chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 15-ounce (450 grams) cans of red kidney beans, drained
- 2 14 1/2-ounce (435 grams) cans no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (28 grams) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) low-fat sour cream
- 2 scallions, white part and 1 inch (2.5 centimeter) green, thinly sliced
1. In a heavy pot, sauté ground turkey, onion, and garlic for 10 minutes. Drain off and discard any fat.
2. Stir in beans, tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, and cumin. Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the vinegar and ladle into hot soup bowls.
3. Top each serving with some of the cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and a sprinkling of scallion. Serve at once.