My crock pot ground beef casserole recipe is by far one of the fastest recipes you will try this year! After all the mild weather we have had, it is finally turning cold, and nothing tastes better on those cold and frosty winter evenings than a rich, flavourful and super healthy beef casserole.
The best of all is it will literally (with a bit of cheat) takes 2 minutes to prepare. So just pop it in the slow cooker first thing, maybe before the school run or just before you leave for work.
All you need to do is cook it on low for the day, then when you arrive home from a long day, you get to walk into the most amazing, and all you have to do is dish it up!
Delicious Crock Pot Ground Beef Casserole Recipe
- 400 grams ground beef (minced beef)
- 2 cubes beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 pint water - boiled
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour (plain flour Australia and UK)
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs (usually Thyme, Marjoram, Oregano, Parsley, Sage, Basil) - dried
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- Pour the chopped vegetates into the slow cooker.
- Place the beef into a ziplock bag and add the flour, mixed herbs, beans, crushed garlic, and salt and pepper pinch. Shake until all the meat is covered, then pour into the slow cooker.
- Dissolve the stock cubes in the pint of boiled water and pour over the vegetables and meat mixture.
- Give it a quick stir and cover.
- Set the slow cooker to low, then cook for 6 to 7 hours. (Don’t be tempted to lift the lid.)
- Once it’s cooked, give it a quick stir and serve with crusty bread!