This Blended Mushroom Beef Burrito is an all-time favourite Mexican cuisine that is super tasty because it is highly seasoned with spices.
- 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef (or substitute for any ground meat)
- 1 pack of white mushrooms
- 1 can of black beans
- 5 green onions
- 3 ounces of Italian herb dressing
- 1 cup of water (to help blend, use as needed)
- 2 taco kit spice packs, one hot, one mild
- Salsa of your choice
- 1 pack of 10 large flour tortilla wraps (American style)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Cheese of your choice (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash mushrooms, green onions, and yellow pepper in the colander. Once they’re clean, put them aside on a cutting board. With the colander now empty, put it in the sink, open the can of beans and empty its contents into the colander; rinse beans thoroughly.
- Chop up mushrooms, green onions, and yellow pepper.
- Take the beans, taco spices, Italian herb dressing, and chopped veggies/mushrooms and throw them in a blender. Add some water as needed. Blend the mixture until it is smooth and frothy.
- Pour the contents of the blender into a roasting pan.
- Add lean ground beef (or any ground meat) and mix ingredients.
- Put the lid on the pan and get the fixings in the oven. Check on the mixture in 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, the meat will have really started to cook. Pull the pan out and give it a mix.
- Turn the oven up to 400 degrees. Remove the pan’s lid and cook for another 30 minutes. After that, check on the mixture again. Spoon some of the excess liquid off and cook for another 30 minutes or as needed at 400 degrees.
- As the beef, bean, and mushroom mixture is cooked, pull it out of the oven.
- Chill the filling for an hour. Once chilled, grab a plate and a tortilla wrap. Place two large spoon-full of the mixture in the center of the tortilla wrap, but lengthwise. Pile to be about 6 inches long and 2.5 inches wide. Fold the edges of the tortilla over the ends of the filling pile. Roll the edge of the tortilla that is closest to you over to the other side and all of the way around. Then roll the tortilla until the other edge is all encompassed.
- Place all the burritos on a cookie sheet and add cheese as you prefer.
- Bake the burritos in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Once they’re baked, you can add more fresh cheese, sour cream, or salsa.
- Enjoy with friends and family!