Sweet Lamb Bolognese is a real “winter warmer”. A steaming hot bowl of this will make your weekend–guaranteed!
Sweet Lamb BolognesePrint Recipe
- Basic Sauce Ingredients
- 450 grams of organic minced lamb
- 2 big white onions
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tube of tomato puree
- A pinch of salt and garlic granules
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- Optional Sauce Additions
- 1/2 butternut squash, cubed
- A pinch of ground fenugreek
- ½ teaspoon of tandoori curry spice
- A pinch of paprika
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- Spice Mix Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon of dark mustard seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Chop and fry 2 big onions in olive oil until they are brown.
- While this is going on, chop half a butternut squash into cubes and steam for about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how mushy you like it. The longer you leave it, the sweeter it gets.
- You can save time by using frozen (defrosted) butternut squash. This is what I did.
- Fry 450 grams of organic lamb mince. Add a bit of apple cider vinegar to tenderize the meat.
- Briefly roast the spices over low heat, then grind them finely.
- Stir the spices into your bolognese sauce.
- Add the steamed butternut squash and let it simmer for 25 minutes or longer. It does taste even nicer the longer it cooks. Towards the end, add some chopped spinach.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve with pasta of your choice.