I cooked this Spicy Pork Larb for dinner tonight, a perfect dish as it was delicious and quick and super healthy. The only thing you have to cook is the pork, which takes just a few minutes. Once that is done, mix in with all the chopped and sliced greens, herbs, sauces, and serve with plenty of crisp salad!
Mouthwatering Spicy Pork Larb
- 500 grams ground pork (minced pork)
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes (chilli flakes in British English)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ medium red onion
- ½ bunch mint
- ½ bunch cilantro (coriander)
- 1 handful Thai Basil
- 1 long red chili (red chilli in British English)
- 1 medium cucumber - Lebanese
- ¼ small red cabbage
- 1 cup snow peas
- ¼ medium red pepper (red capsicum)
- Finely slice the red onion and chop up the fresh herbs and chilli. In a small bowl, combine the sauce and taste to ensure sour, salty, and sweet balance.
- Heat peanut oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add the pork mince. Cook until lightly brown and season with a few shakes of chilli flakes, sea salt, and pepper. When it is fully cooked, transfer it into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the above ingredients and leave them to sit for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, finely chop the lettuce, red cabbage, sliced capsicum and dice up the cucumber and snow peas. Spoon the pork mixture over the crisp salad and enjoy when ready to serve!