Need some easy dinner ideas? Try this gluten-free dinner, slow cooker pork fajita tacos. I was recently on the phone, talking to my friend Becky and she was describing this Mexican dinner she was going home to, and I thought it sounded delicious, so I asked her to email it to me. So on a day that we knew would be crazy busy, I popped this into the crockpot in the morning before work, and by the time dinner rolled around, it was easy to fix up the peppers and onions to assemble!
I served these slow cooker pork fajita tacos with a side of rice and some sautéed zucchini, but instead of dinner taking a long time, it was a quick and easy dinner that made the house smell great when I walked in. Of course, it would be easy to make spicier by adding some additional chili powder and some extra spicy salsa, making it spicy and gluten-free.
Easy Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Pork Fajita Tacos
- 2 pounds ground pork (minced pork)
- 2 cups BBQ sauce (barbecue sauce) - gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large white onion - sliced
- 1 medium red pepper (red capsicum) - sliced
- 1 medium white pepper - sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 8 small tortilla chips
- Place pork into a large slow cooker. Mix gluten-free BBQ sauce, salsa, onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin in a small bowl. Pour over pork. Cover and cook for 3 hours on low.
- In a large skillet, over high, heat till nice and hot. Place olive oil and once the oil is hot, add the peppers and onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Occasionally toss, don’t stir too much because you want little char marks. Cook until peppers and onions are soft but still tender. Meanwhile, remove the pork meat from the slow cooker. Take a little of the cooking juices from the slow cooker and moisten the pork.
- Assemble by placing the pork on the tortillas and top with an onions/pepper mixture.