I really do like pork a lot! So I’m always looking for ways to use this flavour-filled meat in my recipes. This crunchy Asian salad with pork is made even more delicious by topped with a generous serving of pork whilst remaining light and trim. The recipe is a classic example of keeping pork on the menu when you’re eating a lower calorie diet.
By choosing a lean “heart smart” pork mince and then poaching the meat, this Asian salad with pork is a lot healthier and lighter. I have included a generous serving size of salad and meat, so there is no way anyone will be hungry after this dish.
Crunchiest Asian Salad With PorkPrint Recipe
- Salad Ingredients
- 1 wombok, shredded
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped roughly
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1 green chilli, chopped finely
- 250 grams of bean sprouts
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 700 grams of lean heart-smart pork
- Dressing Ingredients
- ½ cup of lime juice
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons of palm sugar
- Prepare all the salad items and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss the ingredients to combine.
- Divide the mixture among four large bento boxes.
- Place the pork in a saucepan with 2 cups of water.
- Use a fork to break up the meat before turning on the heat.
- Heat the pork and allow the meat to poach until completely cooked, stirring periodically.
- Drain the pork and reserve it for the top of the salad.
- Dressing Instructions
- Mix all the together the dressing ingredients together, reserve for serving.
- Top each of the 4 salad bento bowls with 1/4 of the poached pork.
- Divide the dressing into 4 small containers.
- Add the dressing upon serving.