Wanted to try a soup recipe this week with chicken or turkey, and this is what I came up with. Delicious healthy Chicken and Spinach Dumplings recipe – YUMMY
Of course, as I am posting it right here on my blog as this week’s Chicken Recipe FRIDAY, you can be sure that it is easy, healthy and delicious. One that your whole family is going to love, and hopefully, it becomes a regular weekly meal.
I have to tell you this Chicken and Spinach Dumplings recipe was EASY to make. It was quick to make. Like it took about 15 minutes. It was filling and tasty. And I will make it again as the kids liked it too. In this household, that makes this recipe a WIN! Give these Chicken and Spinach Dumplings a try yourself, and be sure to stop back here and leave a comment about what YOU thought.
Without further ado, here are my Heavenly Chicken And Spinach Dumplings.
Heavenly Chicken And Spinach Dumplings
- 2 cups ground chicken (minced chicken)
- 2 medium egg
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cups ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup all purpose flour (plain flour Australia and UK)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon)
- In a bowl, beat eggs, chopped spinach, ricotta, flour, lemon peel and parmesan. Mix well! Set aside.
- In a pan, boil chicken broth. Place an extra 1/4 cup of flour in a shallow dish. Scoop spinach dough into flour and shape it like an oval. Drop into the broth and let cook till they float. A few at a time.
- Return all dumplings to the broth and add chicken, and heat up. SERVE!