You will love these quick and easy homemade Asian dumplings. These are sweet and mild chicken wrapped in starchy balls of delicious dough. These wonderful dumplings are best seared and steamed. Check out the simple recipe here.
Easy Homemade Asian Dumplings
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken)
- 2 bunches green onions (scallions or green shallots) - divided and sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger - peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic - peeled and minced
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- 25 small wonton wrappers
- 1 medium egg - beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil - extra virgin
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey - pure
- ½ cup water
- Mix the chicken, half of the green onion, ginger, garlic and sesame oil in a large bowl.
- Lay 5 of the wonton wrapper out on a cutting board. Fill the centre of each square with 1 teaspoon of chicken filling.
- Dip your index finger in the egg wash, and wet the edges of the wonton.
- Fold the wonton corner to corner and press to seal. Repeat for the remaining wonton wrappers.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet to medium heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil to coat the pan.
- In 2 batches, sear the dumplings on each side for about 1-minute. Then, add water to the pan to rise halfway up the sides of the dumplings.
- Cover with a lid and steam for 3-minutes. Repeat for the remaining dumplings.
- For the sauce: whisk together the Ponzu soy sauce and the remaining green onions. Add rice wine vinegar and honey.