Healthy Chicken Burgers. So I told you guys I would start posting some of my easy dinner recipes that we use in rotation in our household. Because we are busy at home, we find it really hard to keep meals exciting because of time restraints, so simple, easy and delicious meals are a Godsend for us.
We are big fans of carbs. Our favorite meals are burgers or pizza, and although we only have them once a week, we still like to make them as healthy as possible by doing them at home.
I would usually buy patties, but it is so much healthier with no additives making them yourself, and I’ve now found an easy enough recipe that doesn’t take a lot of time.
This Healthy Chicken Burgers recipe comes from a website, and I’ve played around with it to make it even simpler. We like to serve ours with a side of sweet potato fries! Delish. This Healthy Chicken Burgers recipe is also gluten-free, and you can try it with a gluten-free bun for the perfect burger! Enjoy!
Healthy Chicken Burgers
- 500 grams free-range chicken mince
- ½ cup coriander finely chopped I’ve used dried coriander and just half the amount, and it works great
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 long red chili finely diced (can also use a sprinkle of chili flakes)
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 medium egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- In a large bowl, add the mince, herbs, spices, chili, garlic and breadcrumbs with the egg to bind it together. Mix until combined and season well with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 4 patties (I sometimes get 5 or 6). The mixture is quite sticky, so you can dampen your hands to make it easier to work with. Flatten them a little and then put them on a plate. Place in the fridge to chill and firm up while you prepare the rest of your burger ingredients.
- Chop up your favorite veggies and toast your buns with a little bit of cheese on top.
- To cook patties, heat a bit of olive or coconut oil in a pan. Once hot, add patties and leave for a few minutes before flipping to the other side. Remove when fully cooked through.
Serve in prepared burger buns with sweet potato fries!