If you’re a pasta lover looking for a tasty gluten-free substitute, this sweet potato pasta recipe is for you.
I’ve experimented with lots of vegetables in this dish (and we’ve had lots of fun coming up with kooky names for all of them!), but I find sweet potato pasta or noodles (aka swoodles) has a texture and weight that most resembles pasta. After a few mouthfuls, you don’t even notice that you’re not chowing down on a mouthful of linguine!
I hope you enjoy making this sweet potato pasta recipe!
Delicious Sweet Potato Pasta With Bolognese
This sweet potato pasta is perfect when you are craving Bolognese but on a diet. This recipe won't ruin your diet at all!
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 500 grams ground pork (minced pork)
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ bottle passata or crushed tomatoes (tomato puree with seeds removed)
- ½ medium red chili (red chilli in British English) - finely chopped
- 1 bottle chipotle chili - optional, but it makes it beautiful and smokey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Brown onion and garlic in macadamia nut or olive oil in a frypan over medium heat until translucent for around 2 minutes.
- Add capsicum and cook for a further 5 minutes until soft and caramelized. The longer you can cook down the capsicum, the better it brings out the flavor.
- Add mince to the pan. Break up and cook until brown. Season well.
- Add tomato paste, passata (or tinned tomatoes), stock, and chili.
- Decrease the heat to low and let simmer for a further 25 minutes until rich and thick.
- Meanwhile, spiralize the sweet potato and boil a large saucepan of water with olive oil and salt.
- When the mince is nearly ready, add sweet potato to the boiling water and blanch for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft/al dente.
Calories: 495kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 24gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 907mgPotassium: 933mgFiber: 5gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 17166IUVitamin C: 47mgCalcium: 66mgIron: 2mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!