I recently learned to make cranberry meatballs, and now I can’t stop making them at home.
Make balls out of ground beef, and you have a different form of a ground beef recipe, meatballs! Recipes of this dish, just like all other dishes, have variations you can choose from or make on your own. Kids love these cranberry meatballs and even have a great time making one for them since it comes with forming the balls, like playing with clay.
Enjoy ground beef recipes with the fruity taste of cranberry. The sweet taste of cranberries complements well meat, especially the dark ones.
Tangy Cranberry Meatballs
These cranberry meatballs are so satisfying. These are so easy to whip up especially when you have cranberry jam at home.
Cranberry Meatballs Ingredients
- ½ pound ground pork (minced pork)
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 large egg
- 12 ounces chili sauce (chilli sauce in British English) - divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion - chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic - minced finely
- 15 ounces cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Spray cooking oil on non-stick foil placed on 2 large baking dishes. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all meatball ingredients in 1 bowl and blend well. Form into 1-inch meatballs and place on the prepared baking dishes. Bake until done, then place meatballs in a large saucepan.
- Mix all sauce ingredients and gently pour over the meatballs. Cover the saucepan and cook for at least 2 hours over low heat. Serve on a chafing dish with toothpicks.
Calories: 662kcalCarbohydrates: 91gProtein: 36gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 2133mgPotassium: 654mgFiber: 3gSugar: 76gVitamin A: 293IUVitamin C: 25mgCalcium: 58mgIron: 4mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!