This Korean Ground Beef Recipe is also generally known as a Bibimbap bowl. This wholesome ground beef recipe is a Korean rice dish usually topped with sautéed greens, chili paste, beef, or perhaps a fried egg.
Simple Korean Ground Beef Recipe
FOR THE NOODLES:
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil - toasted
FOR THE GREENS:
- 2 medium carrots - chopped into sticks
- 1 large zucchini - chopped into sticks
FOR THE MEAT:
- ½ pound ground beef (minced beef)
FOR THE BOK CHOY:
- 3 small bok choy - thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil - toasted
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
FOR THE EGGS:
- 2 large eggs
FOR THE GARNISH:
- 3 stalks green onions (scallions or green shallots) - thinly sliced
Make The Noodles:
- Open the packages of noodles and rinse properly. Fill a small saucepan midway with water and bring to a boil. Add miracle noodles and stir 1 to 2 minutes; add and toss with toasted sesame oil.
Make the greens:
- Using the same saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon ghee, then add carrots and sauté for 1 minute. Add zucchini and gochujang, stirring until mixture is coated with ghee; pour into a bowl.
Make the meat:
- Wipe the skillet and add 1 teaspoon ghee. Cook the ground beef for about 2-3 minutes until brown in color. Next, add grated pear, 2 tablespoons coconut amino sauce, and chili garlic sauce. Simmer until about 5 to 7 minutes.
Make the Bok choy:
- Fill a big skillet midway with water and bring to a boil. Next, add the Bok choy and blanch for 1 to 2 minutes; drain, squeezing any extra water. Then, toss Bok choy with the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut aminos, 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
Make the eggs:
- In a nonstick skillet, add 1 teaspoon ghee over medium-low heat. Fry eggs for 2 to 4 minutes until yolks are runny.
Assemble the bowl:
- Place half the miracle noodles on the backside of a bowl. Arrange a portion of greens, beef, and bok choy across the bowl. Top with an egg, and sprinkle with scallions. Serve.