When I first got my crockpot a couple of years ago, the first recipe I tried was this Taco Chili recipe, and I loved it so much so that I made it for every potluck I went to for a year.
I have modified and tweaked this recipe so much that now I have come up with my own inspired by the original recipe. My new recipe turned out to be the best batch of taco chili that I have made yet!
Easy Taco Chili Recipe
- 32 ounces black beans
- 8 ounces ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium jalapeño
- 1 medium red pepper flakes
- 1 medium red pepper (red capsicum)
- 1 medium green pepper (green capsicum)
- 1 medium orange bell pepper (orange capsicum)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 large chicken breast - minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- Rinse and drain black beans and kidney beans.
- Chop zucchini as small as preferred.
- Add all ingredients but chicken to crockpot and stir.
- Add chicken breast to crockpot.
- Cook the chicken on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Top with shredded cheese.