This Healthy Paleo Chili Diet Recipe is perfect for people on a Paleo diet who enjoy deep smoky, flavorful peppers. This ground beef recipe is best made a day ahead so that the flavors can merge together. Chili is such a versatile meal and it is so hearty and flavorful.
Healthy Paleo Chili Diet RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 dried chipotle pepper, stem removed
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 pound spicy ground pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In boiling water, add Chipotle peppers. Boil until soft, about 10 minutes. Remove peppers from water and mince.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper. Cook until tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Add minced garlic, onion mixture and Chipotle until it becomes fragrant, about 1 minute to cook.
3. Add ground beef and sausage to the onion mixture. Cook until the meat has browned and crumbly. About 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Next, mix chili powder, cumin, oregano, cocoa powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Add crushed tomatoes, salt, and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until the mixture becomes flavorful. About 10 minutes.