This morning I went to 9:30 am spin with one of my girlfriends. It kicked my butt. After we grabbed a coffee at Starbucks, we started talking about food, recipes, and who knows what else. She started talking about the mixed herbs and turkey stuffed bell peppers recipe she makes, and it sounded so yummy that I decided to make it tonight for dinner. It was the bomb! I was pleasantly surprised for someone who is not a huge fan of bell peppers. Below is the recipe; give them a try and tell me what you think.
Mixed Herbs and Turkey Stuffed Bell PeppersPrint Recipe
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 pound of ground turkey (or beef)
- 1/3 cup of corn, frozen
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 cup of broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
- Cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the ground turkey in a skillet.
- Add onions, garlic, and corn. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in cumin, salt, pepper, and black beans. Cook for another 5 min.
- Hollow out bell peppers and arrange them in an appropriate baking dish. (I used a 6×8 Pyrex glass dish.)
- Stuff bell peppers with sautéed mix and pour beef broth into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover with tin foil and allow to bake for 40 minutes.
- If you’re using cheese, take the bell peppers out at 30 minutes, add the cheese to the top then place it back in the oven for 10 minutes uncovered. I would recommend using a jack, pepper jack, or cheddar cheese.