We keep a lot of ground turkey on hand for easy dinners and usually eat the same ground turkey meals repeatedly. I was getting tired of the same old dinners, so I came up with this Creamy Ground Turkey Pasta Bake that my guys loved. It is an excellent alternative to the dinners we usually have and great on a cold night.
This dinner was great because, typically, we have everything on hand, and I can throw it all together fairly quickly. You can also use ground beef if you prefer. We like to use ground turkey as much as possible in our house. Enjoy!
Creamy Ground Turkey Pasta BakePrint Recipe
- 1 16-20-ounce package of ground turkey
- 8 ounces of medium pasta shells
- 24 ounces of pasta sauce
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup of finely grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil.
- Put the chopped onions and saute on medium heat until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Turn heat to medium/high and add the ground turkey, salt and Italian seasoning and cook for about 10-12 minutes until there is no pink meat and the moisture has evaporated.
- While the turkey mixture is cooking, boil pasta shells according to the directions on the box. We prefer our pasta less al dente, so I usually cook it about 2-3 minutes longer.
- When turkey is done, reduce heat to low, add the jar of pasta sauce, and mix thoroughly.
- Add the cream cheese to the meat and sauce mixture and combine until you don’t see any cream cheese chunks.
- Strain pasta and pour into a 9×13 oven-safe casserole dish.
- Pour sauce mixture over pasta and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle some cheese over the top of the pasta mixture and then top with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.