We made a new ground beef recipe for Sunday dinner, mostly just wing it, and it ended up turning out really tasty! How can you go wrong with Mexican food, though, really?! So here’s the recipe for Best EVER Baked Beef Enchiladas!
Best EVER Baked Beef Enchiladas
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1.5 cans enchilada sauce
- 10 small corn tortillas
- 1 pack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Chop onion and add to a hot pan with olive oil to brown. Once the onion is translucent, add ground beef and brown evenly, stirring occasionally.
- As the meat is browning, add in seasonings. We used a packet of taco seasoning as that’s what we had on hand.
- Meanwhile, in a 13×9 casserole dish, coat the bottom of the dish with 1/2 cup or so of enchilada sauce.
- Your beef should be completely browned and ready to assemble the tortillas.
- Spoon the beef down the center of a tortilla and then roll it tightly and place seam-side down into the casserole dish. Continue to do this with all your tortillas until the dish is full.
- Pour the rest of your enchilada sauce over top of the enchiladas and cover the baking dish with foil.
- Place in the preheated oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- After the timer goes off, remove the foil and sprinkle cheese over top of your enchiladas and bake for an additional 5 minutes to melt the cheese.