This Chicken Puff in Fillo Dough is one of the starter recipes I make when I have guests over for lunch or dinner. This can be served as an appetizer and can be somewhat daunting at the beginning to make. However, once you get the hang of it, I think you will find it more manageable.
Chicken Puff in Fillo DoughPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of peas
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cumin and coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup of melted butter or cooking spray
- 1/4 cup of grated cheese
- 10 sheets of frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Heat oil in pan and cook ground chicken until dry and slightly golden.
- Add garlic and onion, cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, turmeric, cumin and crushed red pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes in medium-low heat. Add cilantro and remove from heat. Let the mixture cool completely.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place one phyllo sheet on a large cutting board or work surface (cover remaining dough to prevent drying), and lightly coat with melted butter or cooking spray.
- Fold the sheet in half and add two tablespoons of chicken mixture and top with cheese, then fold in a triangle shape.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining phyllo, butter and chicken mixture. Brush on top of each puff with butter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.