It wouldn’t be football season without a big honking tray of nachos. So, to honour the weeks of lazy football Sundays ahead of us, I bring you Loaded BBQ Chicken Nachos. Piled high with cheddar, scallions, red onion, tomato, black olives, jalapeno, and BBQ chicken, this game-day snack is a touchdown.
You’ll spend most of your time waiting for the oven to reach the 375-degree Fahrenheit temperature and prepping all of the “extras.” There is no right or wrong way to assemble these loaded BBQ chicken nachos, but I recommend layering the chips, so every bite has a little something-something on them.
You’ll love this crowd-friendly snack that’s perfect for any party or lazy afternoon.
Loaded BBQ Chicken NachosPrint Recipe
- 1 bag (about 9 ounces) of tortilla chips
- 3 cups of extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 sprigs of scallions, chopped
- 1/4 of red onion, chopped
- 2 cups of precooked ground chicken, mixed with your favourite BBQ sauce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced in half, squeezed and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 1/4 ounces of sliced black olives, drained
- Extras: Sour cream, salsa and guacamole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spread one-half of the tortilla chips on the baking sheet. Cover with HALF of the toppings – cheese, scallions, red onion, BBQ chicken, tomato, jalapeno and black olives.
- Top with the remaining tortilla chips and spread the remaining toppings.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Serve with your favourite sides – sour cream, salsa and guacamole.