It’s always handy to have a decent ground beef stroganoff recipe up your sleeve. Generally speaking, it’s a relatively easy dish to cook, and it really fills a hole, especially when you cook it up and serve it with some pasta.
Quick & Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff
This is a simple recipe that produces all those creamy mushroom flavours you’d expect from a beef stroganoff. It’s is a dish that can be made with very little time and effort. Its taste and flavour would be enough to satisfy any person’s taste buds.
Ground Beef StroganoffPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 10 3/4 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 tablespoon of ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of parsley flakes
- 4 oz can of sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 oz of sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- egg noodles or spiral pasta
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the ground beef and onions until the meat has lost all of its pinkness. Drain away any excess fat.
- Stir through the bouillon cube, milk, soup, ketchup, garlic powder, parsley flakes, mushrooms and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer with a lid on for about 25 minutes. Stir a few times while the mix is simmering.
- Get your noodles or pasta ready while the beef is simmering.
- When the mixture has thickened to your desired consistency, remove from heat and leave for a few minutes before thoroughly stirring through the sour cream.
- I prefer serving this ground beef stroganoff recipe with some spiral pasta, but it goes great with noodles too.