Want to enjoy Mexican cuisine sans the load of carbs they have? Try this simple recipe for Low-Carb Tortilla With Ground Beef and Salsa. It’s as good as any beef tortilla, but it’s one you can enjoy without thinking about the calories and bad nutrients. Check out the easy recipe here.
Low-Carb Tortilla with Ground Beef and SalsaPrint Recipe
- Beef Tortilla Ingredients
- 8 – 12 low-carb tortilla bread
- 1½ pounds of ground beef or lamb
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Taco seasoning
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 – 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Shredded leafy greens
- Salsa Ingredients
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 1 – 2 small tomatoes, pitted and diced
- 1 – 2 handfuls of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons of chilli powder, mild
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of onion or garlic powder
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- Start by making two batches of low-carb tortilla bread, or thaw them if you have them in the freezer.
- Bring out the ground beef a while before frying. Cold ground beef will cool down the frying pan, and the ground beef will be boiled and not fried. The latter tastes a lot better.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the ground beef. Fry for at least 10 minutes.
- Add the taco seasoning, water and salt and stir. Let simmer until most of the water is gone.
- In the meantime, make the salsa from diced avocado, diced tomatoes, freshly squeezed lime juice, olive oil and a couple of handfuls of fresh cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in tortilla bread, with shredded cheese and shredded leafy greens.