Do you love tacos? It is a staple in our house, and we ate them once a week at home when I was growing up! So I have made this guiltless skinny tacos recipe because I wanted to stay in shape while devouring my favourite snack.
This is my absolute favourite, and even though I’m on a diet often, I still make sure to cook this. It has been my comfort food ever since, and I just couldn’t let go of it. So, I made a healthy version so all my efforts toward a healthy lifestyle would be wasted.
Guiltless Skinny Tacos RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 4-ounce can of diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1/4 cup of reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Once cooked, drain the excess.
- Stir in salsa, green chiles, and taco seasoning until heated through. This took me about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, and cilantro until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons into the centre of a lettuce leaf, taco-style. Garnish with cheddar cheese and sour cream if desired. This recipe made about 12 “tacos”.