Need an easy weeknight dinner? Let’s learn how to make Paleo, Gluten-Free Meatloaf!
Here’s a ground meat recipe showing how easy it is to cook this quintessential comfort food. Get these ingredients together, and make this meatloaf along with me.
This recipe is flexible! Adjust the vegetables and seasonings to your taste preference. Cooking time varies; therefore, be sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure it is cooked thoroughly.
Easy Paleo, Gluten-Free MeatloafPrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons oil (avocado, olive or coconut)
- 1.5 cups vegetables of your choice, chopped finely (examples: onions, bell peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower)
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1. Add oil to the skillet and heat over medium heat.
2. Sauté vegetables in oil until tender. Note: add vegetables to the skillet based on the time it takes to soften them. Hard vegetables would go first, followed later by softer ones.
3. While cooking, season with ½ tablespoon sea salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
4. When tender, set aside to cool.
5. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Add ground beef and ground turkey to a large mixing bowl.
7. Add eggs, cooled vegetables and next six seasonings.
8. Using your hands, mix until thoroughly combined.
9. Place meatloaf mixture into a loaf pan and shape with hands.
10. Set the timer and cook for 45 minutes.
11. When time goes off, pour the excess grease out of the loaf pan and pour the can of diced tomatoes over the top.
12. Cook for another 45 minutes until a meat thermometer inserted in the middle registers 165 degrees.
13. Let the meatloaf sit for 5 minutes before serving