I’ve been promising to post this recipe for a while now and am just now getting around to it (sorry about that, but I promise it’s definitely worth the wait). I used to be afraid to cook lasagna because it always seemed so time-consuming. I love this Crock Pot Gluten-Free Lasagna recipe because it’s so simple, and it always turns out tasting like I spent all day making it.
The best part is that you can’t even tell it’s gluten-free, and it’s a dinner your whole family will love. I made this for dinner tonight, and Scott seriously had 4 helpings! If you’re looking for an easy, delicious Italian dinner that just happens to be gluten-free, try this recipe, you’ll love this Crock Pot Gluten-Free Lasagna!
Easy Crock Pot Gluten-Free LasagnaPrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef or cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 24-ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 6 uncooked gluten-free lasagna noodles
1. In a large skillet, brown beef and onion. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Drain.
2. Add spaghetti sauce and water and simmer for about 5 minutes
3. Mix ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, 2 tablespoons parmesan, egg and parsley
4. Assemble: Pour 1 cup of spaghetti meat sauce into a 4-6 quart-sized slow cooker. Place half of the noodles and 1/3 of the ricotta mixture on top of the sauce. Cover with 1 1/4 cups meat sauce. Top with more noodles (if the noodles don’t fit exactly, you can break them to fit), cheese mixture and meat sauce. Repeat this process one more time to make a third layer.
5. Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until noodles are soft. 10 minutes before serving, sprinkle with 1/2 cup of mozzarella and remaining parmesan. Cover with the lid to melt the cheese.