Making chicken tacos is a great way to use ground chicken. I don’t usually think of using a BBQ rub, but the Memphis Spice Rub is an excellent spice blend to flavour ground chicken. Usually, one would correlate Memphis rubs with BBQ or ribs, but it does a fine job with chicken.
Cooking well doesn’t always mean cooking gourmet food; sometimes, it’s just making everyday dishes well. There certainly isn’t any secret to browning chicken and making a taco, but it does make for a convenient meal that the whole family will love.
This chicken taco recipe is a classic taco with simple ingredients that makes a great everyday meal. A quick and easy recipe, it only takes a short amount of time and some essential elements.
Best Tasting Chicken TacoPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon of Memphis Spice Rub or to taste
- 1/2 cup of black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup of red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 leaves of lettuce
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 sprig of cilantro
- 4 tortillas or taco shells for hard tacos
Preparing the Cold Ingredients
- Cut, chop, or shred the cheese, cilantro, black olives, red bell peppers, and lettuce.
Making the Taco
- In a large pan, fry the chicken and add the Memphis Dry Rub. Stir the chicken regularly until cooked.
- Wrap up the cheese, black olives, red bell peppers, lettuce and chicken in a tortilla or shell. Add a dollop of sour cream and garnish with cheese and a cilantro leaf.
We joke at our house that every night is “Taco Tuesday” because of the Lego movie joke that “Freedom Friday” is on Tuesday. Because of this, this meal has become a nearly weekly menu item. Sometimes it’s “Taco Tuesday” on Monday, or “Taco Tuesday” on Thursday, or even “Taco Tuesday” on Friday! So whatever day you enjoy Taco Tuesday, try this recipe out.