Crock Pot Chili For Easy Dinners! When it comes to busy weeknights, help is always welcome in the kitchen. A crock pot is like having a second set of hands in your kitchen. You can Prepare this crock pot chili recipe in the morning before work, and it’s ready for you when you come home.
There is definitely no better way to warm your insides than to prepare a crock pot chili recipe. Now there are so many crock pot chili recipes you can use. Some add alcohol, some use cocoa, and others use black beans instead of kidney beans.
Tomatoes are extremely rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium and iron. They are also high in lycopene-an antioxidant that neutralizes harmful free radicals. Lycopene has twice the antioxidants of beta carotene and helps prevent prostate cancer.
Black beans helps lower cholesterol because they are rich in dietary fiber. Black beans are also high in antioxidants which protect us against cancer and aging. Onions are rich in fiber, sulfur compounds, vitamin C and chromium.
Low-fat beef or turkey is a great way to get your protein and keep you full for a long time, acting as an appetite suppressant. Bite for bite. This crock pot chili packs a powerful nutritional punch!
Crock Pot Chili For Easy Dinners
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 can tomato - diced 32 ounce can
- 2 cans black beans - depends on how many you like
- 1 packet chili powder (chilli powder in British English) - or 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper - to taste
- First thing is to saute the ground beef until cooked. Near the end, throw in the onions to soften a little.
- Put the ground beef and onions in the crock pot. Add diced tomatoes and black beans. Stir in chili powder.
- Let it cook all day on low.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream. Bon Appétit!