Slow cooker chili made with ground turkey is healthy, hearty, and 100% customizable. This recipe can also be used with ground beef, chicken, or pork. It’s best when made in a slow cooker or crock but can be cooked over the stovetop in a deep pot. Customize your vegetables, such as onions, bell peppers, diced tomatoes, carrots, green chilies, or corn. Pick a type of beans, such as kidney, cannellini, great northern, garbanzo, pinto, or chili. Mix and match to find your favorite combination. Add tomato sauce and spices. There you have your very own chili.
In this slow cooker chili recipe, I used ground turkey, kidney beans, onion, bell pepper, tomato sauce, and an assortment of spices. I kept it simple and mild with the spices. At the bottom of this page, there are some kitchen products that helped me make this recipe.
BEST Chili Ever! Slow Cooker Chili
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 can ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK) - 24-ounce, or 3 cups
- 1 can red kidney beans - 15.5-ounce, drained
- ½ large yellow onion - chopped
- ½ large green pepper (green capsicum) - chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder - or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a skillet, cook ground turkey until golden brown. Discard grease.
- Measure and add all ingredients into a slow cooker with the cooked ground turkey. Stir together gently.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high 3-4 hours. The longer you cook, the more flavorful it becomes.
- Serve with cornbread, a dollop of sour cream, and sprinkle chives and shredded cheese over the top.