Nothing beats a healthy turkey and red bean chili made with lean ground turkey, red kidney beans, and diced tomatoes. This recipe can be made on the stovetop or in a slow cooker. My recipe is something I have made forever and is quick, simple and easy. You should try this!
Simple and Easy Turkey and Red Bean Chili
My turkey and red bean chili is something I have made forever and is quick, simple and easy. You should try this!
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 medium celery stalks
- ½ medium sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons Canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- ⅛ cup chili powder (chilli powder in British English) - to taste (optional)
- 2 cans red kidney beans
- 2 cans tomato - 14.5-ounce each
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch salt - to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper - to taste
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet, seasoning it lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a pot, add oil, chopped carrots, chopped onion and chopped celery. Allow onions to become translucent and veggies to become tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove meat from any extra grease and place in the pot. Add beans, chili powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Add diced tomatoes with the juice and 1 cup of water. Mix together and add salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and lower heat to medium for 45-60 minutes.
Calories: 321kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 28gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0.04gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 226mgPotassium: 1147mgFiber: 12gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 7617IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 118mgIron: 6mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.