Crazy Easy Spaghetti And Meatballs. I’m working on teaching my nephews to cook. They are only 6 and 5 years old.
My 5-year-old nephew was shocked to learn that when he went to college, I wouldn’t be there to cook his meals.
My 6-year-old nephew’s solution… to get married, but then he remembered a story he had heard me tell about a girl I knew in college who had never cooked anything. They have both decided it is important to learn to cook good food. They enjoy being able to plan a meal with only things they like.
Last week my 6-year-old nephew asked to learn how to make meatballs, something that I’ve, of course, made (check out my Easy Italian Meatballs). We tried out a very simple recipe that I could see him making by himself in the near future. This Crazy Easy Spaghetti And Meatballs. The best part… The family loved it!
Crazy Easy Spaghetti And Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 2 tablespoons water
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs - seasoned
- 1 medium egg - beaten
- 1 jar Marinara sauce (tomatoes, garlic, herbs, and onions – pasta sauce in southern hemisphere for Italian seafood dish) - (28 ounces)
- 4 cups spaghetti - cooked, (or any kind of pasta)
- Mix beef, water, bread crumbs and egg. Shape meat mixture into 12 (2-inch) meatballs. Arrange in a 2-quart shallow microwave-safe baking dish.
- Microwave on high 5 minutes (mine took 7 minutes) or until meatballs are no longer pink (160°F). Pour off fat. Pour Pasta sauce over meatballs. Cover and microwave 3 minutes more or until the sauce is hot. Serve over spaghetti.