One of my favorite things about cold weather is the warm, comforting food that I get to justify making and eating! I mean, who doesn’t love a homemade chili, or a pot of soup or stew when it’s chilly outside? I figured there was no better time than now to share this quick and easy homemade chili recipe! It is one of my favorites to make, because it doesn’t make many dishes, doesn’t require much time or prep work, oh and it’s absolutely delicious. I won’t keep you waiting any longer for it!
Quick and Easy Homemade Chili
This quick and easy homemade chili recipe is one of my favorites to make because it doesn’t make many dishes, doesn’t require much time or prep work, oh and it’s absolutely delicious.
- 2 pounds ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 large yellow onion - chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 5 ounce tomato - diced
- 2 cans Roma tomatoes - 14.5-ounce each can
- 8 ounce ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- 1 cup water
- 15 ounce red kidney beans
- 15 ounce pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In a large pot, brown ground beef and drain the grease. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy with corn bread or crackers. It’s also delicious served over a baked potato with cheese!
Calories: 382kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 25gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 1015mgPotassium: 926mgFiber: 9gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 795IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 96mgIron: 6mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.