This Easy Beef Chili Recipe recipe is very quick to prepare. It will only take a few minutes for the actual preparation of the ingredients.
How long you will actually cook this easy beef chili will make a huge difference. The longer you simmer this recipe over medium-high heat, the more flavors will come out. I simmered mine for 45 minutes, stirring a few times.
But for me, the best chili is ground sirloin (beef). There’s quite a bit of chili powder in this Easy Beef Chili Recipe. Bottlings vary tremendously-if yours is extremely hot, you may want to reduce the amount by half. Makes 4 servings. Here are the ingredients and directions:
Easy Beef Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- ¼ cup chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 2 medium yellow onion - chopped
- 2 medium green pepper (green capsicum) - cored, seeded, and chopped
- 8 large Roma tomatoes - or plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans corn - drained
- 12 ounce beer - or 1 large bottle
- ½ cup beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon)
- 1 tablespoon paprika - preferably smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt - or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper - or more to taste
- Toss the beef, garlic, 2 tablespoons chili powder, lime juice, and cumin in a large bowl; cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes, tossing once or twice.
- Place a large pot, lightly oiled, over medium-high heat. Cook beef while breaking up with the back of a spoon until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Place the onion, bell peppers, tomato, and corn in the pot; cook until for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the beer and broth, add the paprika and the remaining 2 tablespoons chili powder, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Partially cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook until thickened, about 20-45 minutes. Season with salt before serving.