This is my famous Super Moist Turkey Meatloaf recipe. This will get even the anti-meatloafers to change their mind. The meat stays super moist because of the bacon and the carrots inside.
The bacon fat bastes the meat while it’s cooking and gives it an excellent taste benefit. When you slice this moist meatloaf open, it almost looks like stained glass, too pretty to eat. Make sure you do, though, because this will be a meatloaf unlike any other you have ever tasted.
I have always wondered how to make my turkey meatloaf juicy and moist. And I’m happy to announce that I have found the best way to do it.
Super Moist Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
Meatloaf has the tendency to be dry so this has been a big challenge for me in making meatloaf recipes. I always strive to make my meatloaf as moist as it can and recently I perfected this super moist turkey meatloaf.
- 2 carrots - diced
- ½ yellow onion - diced
- ¼ red onion - diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 strips bacon
- 1½ pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup Panko breadcrumbs - Italian seasoned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a pan, heat olive oil. Add carrots, cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, and then add onions and garlic. Cook for another 5 to 7 minutes until carrots are soft and onion is translucent. Take off the heat. Allow cooling for about 10 minutes.
- Place turkey, egg, panko, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add the carrot mixture. Mix to combine.
- Form the meat mixture into a loaf on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Lay bacon strips over to loaf, and ensure it is covered.
- Cook for 35 minutes. Turn heat up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool. Slice and enjoy.
Calories: 289kcalCarbohydrates: 9.1gProtein: 42.8gFat: 9.2gSaturated Fat: 2.1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1.8gMonounsaturated Fat: 4.3gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 135.4mgSodium: 744mgPotassium: 664.3mgFiber: 1.6gSugar: 2.7gVitamin A: 5200.5IUVitamin C: 3.6mgCalcium: 39.2mgIron: 2mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.