This BBQ Bacon Turkey Meatloaf is a recent experiment that turned out well. The loaf itself is firm enough to cut into slices, but each slice is so light and yet so moist.
It seemed like a miracle that it was holding together at all, but it was. The meat had its satisfying turkey flavour, touched lightly with the garlic powder. The bacon and sauce added richness and spice.
Smoky BBQ Bacon Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 medium egg
- 3 dashes garlic powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 6 slices bacon - cut in half
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce (barbecue sauce)
- Combine everything except for the bacon in a big bow.
- Pour mixture in a baking pan and add bacon sliced at the top.
- Bake the meatloaf 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour or until juices run clear and bacon is crisp.