If you want to know how to cook a meatloaf, follow the simple instructions in this traditional meatloaf recipe. It is an easy healthy meatloaf with turkey and spinach, creating a meal you want to make over and over. Our step-by-step instructions make it easy for the most inexperienced cook to prepare a great dish.
This meatloaf with turkey and spinach is packed with vitamins because of spinach. You will enjoy it if you are looking for a healthier alternative to meaty meatloaves. The spinach combines well with the turkey meatloaf, giving you a very satisfying dish. Check out the very easy recipe you must try below.
Easy Healthy Meatloaf With Turkey and Spinach Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey) - ground
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup yellow onion - chopped
- 1 medium egg - beaten
- ¾ teaspoon oregano - dried
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 9 ounces spinach - frozen chopped
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- The night before you are going to make the meatloaf, take the spinach out of the fridge, and place it on a plate in the refrigerator to thaw.
- When you are ready to start cooking, set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit to begin preheating it for baking.
- Lightly spray with oil a 9×5-inch loaf pan and set it aside.
- Get a medium mixing bowl and mix the turkey and the breadcrumbs to the bowl.
- Slice one small onion and chop the rings into small pieces about ¼ to ½ inch long and add it in the bowl with the meat.
- Beat an egg and pour the egg into the bowl with the meat.
- Measure out ¾ teaspoon Dried oregano and 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce and put them in the bowl. Measure out ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Put them both in the mixing bowl with the other ingredients.
- Measure 1/3 cup of the tomato sauce and put it into the bowl. We will use the rest of it later.
- Use your hands to incorporate all the ingredients in the bowl together. It should stick together well and be slightly pliable.
- Put a piece of aluminium foil on your table or counter and dump the meat mixture on the foil. Form into a rectangle using hands.
- Take the spinach out of the fridge and drain it.
- Spread the spinach on the meat mixture, staying about ½-inch from the edges. Sprinkle it evenly with the shredded cheese.
- Starting at the short side, roll it tightly to form a log.
- Place the loaf into the greased loaf pan, seam side down, and gently press the ends to keep in the spinach.
- Place the meatloaf in oven and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 55 to 60 minutes, or until turkey is lightly browned.
- Spoon remaining tomato sauce on top and put back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes. If you wish, sprinkle a little parsley on top before putting it back in the range.
- Remove from the oven and set it for about 10 minutes before slicing.