The weather is pretty cold here, and I was looking for something that would be great for cooler weather that was not soup or stew, and I thought about this Turkey Parmesan Meatloaf I used to eat when I was younger and when it was cool out!
This Turkey Parmesan Meatloaf was easy enough to throw together after work. You only need about 5 minutes to throw this together, and then you let it cook for a little less than an hour.
Satisfying Turkey Parmesan MeatloafPrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (or your favorite tomato-based pasta sauce)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, plus a little more for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine turkey, 1/4 cup marinara sauce, parmesan cheese, onions, bread crumbs, egg and Italian seasoning. Using your hands, combine all the above ingredients, making sure all is well distributed.
3. Grease a baking dish.
4. Remove turkey mixture from the bowl and shape into loaf in the greased baking dish.
5. Top your loaf with the remaining 1/4 cup of marinara sauce and sprinkle a little more Parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until cooked through. My turkey was pretty cold when I started this, and it took the full 55 minutes. If you let your turkey come to room temperature before starting, you would probably only need 45 minutes.
6. Allow to rest for 5 minutes after removing from the oven, then cut and serve with veggies or rice or mashed potatoes!