This healthy turkey meatloaf recipe is a healthier option than traditional meatloaf. I use oat flour as a binder instead of breadcrumbs to keep the loaf moist and sneak in some extra fiber. I take my oats, blend them until finely ground and it’s undetectable. When you add the shredded vegetables to the oats, it makes a great option for kids. It hides a bunch of healthy ingredients from picky eaters, and it never hurts to sneak in more vegetables.
Healthy Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 medium egg
- 30 grams oats - blended into oat flour
- 1 small white onion - chopped finely
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt - to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground black pepper - to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce (barbecue sauce) - optional, or any of your favorite BBQ sauce to brush on top
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line loaf (or muffin) pan with parchment or spray with cooking oil.
- Place your turkey in a large mixing bowl and add all ingredients. Press into the loaf pan and smooth the top. Brush on BBQ sauce if you like.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the loaf has reached an internal temperature of at least 165°F. Serve.