This healthy turkey meatloaf recipe is a healthier option than traditional meatloaf. I use oat flour as a binder instead of breadcrumbs to keep the loaf moist and sneak in some extra fiber. I take my oats, blend them until finely ground and it’s undetectable. When you add the shredded vegetables to the oats, it makes a great option for kids. It hides a bunch of healthy ingredients from picky eaters, and it never hurts to sneak in more vegetables.
Healthy Turkey Meatloaf RecipePrint Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 30 grams oats (blended into oat flour)
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce to brush on top (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line loaf (or muffin) pan with parchment or spray with cooking oil.
2. Place your turkey in a large mixing bowl and add all ingredients. Press into the loaf pan and smooth the top. Brush on BBQ sauce if you like.
3. Bake for 30 minutes until the loaf has reached an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees. Serve.