Over the years, I’ve made what I consider the perfect recipe for turkey meatloaf, and it’s super easy to make!
I’m a huge fan of ground beef and ground pork too, but there’s something about ground turkey that works better in meatballs and meatloaf sometimes.
One general tip is always to use 1 tablespoon of oil per pound of ground turkey when you’re using it in a recipe. It ensures the final product is moist. Because turkey lacks the same fat content as pork or beef, you need to add a little extra to keep it from drying out.
I like to serve this turkey meatloaf dish with rustic smashed red potatoes and oven-roasted vegetables, but it works great as a sandwich (especially cold).
Perfect Easy Turkey Meatloaf RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 ½ pound of ground turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ tablespoon of ground black pepper
- ¼ tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1/8 tablespoon of cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ¼ tablespoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tablespoon of chilli powder
- ½ tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of plain panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup of ketchup
- 1/8 cup of hot sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, black pepper, salt, Old Bay, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper powder, paprika, oregano, red pepper flakes, chilli powder, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, breadcrumbs, and 4 tablespoons of ketchup. Mix well until the breadcrumbs, spices, and wet ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in the ground turkey. Carefully fold together the meat and breadcrumb mixture with your hands. Ensure not to overmix, as this will make the meatloaf dense.
- Form the mixture into a loaf on a greased, aluminium-foil-lined sheet tray.
- Mix together the remaining 4 tablespoons of ketchup with the hot sauce. Spread over the top of the loaf evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove it from the oven, then let rest for 10 to 15 minutes and serve immediately.