I try to go vegetarian at least 4 to 5 days a week, but when my husband is craving something meaty, I love to make these easy, healthy herb turkey burgers. They satisfy both of us, as they are hearty and filling without sacrificing the waistline.
They work great on the grill or stovetop. To spice them up and make them feel a bit more gourmet, I love pairing them with an onion jam that is major delicious. You can make your own jam or buy one at supermarkets. They go so well with these tasty burgers.
Juicy Herb Turkey Burgers With Onion Jam Recipe
Love onion jam? Who knew you can add them to your favourite burgers? Well, you're in for a treat with this recipe for juicy herb turkey burgers with onion jam! It has been a recent favourita s the onion jam spices up everything.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green onions (scallions or green shallots) - minced
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1¼ cup parsley - finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard - plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon salt - coarse
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper - freshly ground
- 4 hamburger buns - for serving
- 1 avocado - sliced
- 1 bunch iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoons onion jam
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add shallots; cook, stirring, until they are soft and translucent, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Mix turkey, parsley, 2 teaspoons of mustard, and shallots in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide into four equal parts, and form into patties.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add patties, and cook until the underside is brown about 3 ½ minutes. Turn, and continue cooking until another side is brown and the centre is no longer pink about 4 minutes. Transfer to plates; serve immediately with buns, lettuce, mustard, avocado and onion jam.
Calories: 925.6kcalCarbohydrates: 81.3gProtein: 68.5gFat: 38.3gSaturated Fat: 5.4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4.8gMonounsaturated Fat: 21.5gTrans Fat: 0.04gCholesterol: 125.3mgSodium: 2026.2mgPotassium: 1525.3mgFiber: 11.3gSugar: 12.2gVitamin A: 3370.9IUVitamin C: 62mgCalcium: 100.2mgIron: 26.4mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!