I try to go vegetarian at least 4 to 5 days a week, but when my husband is craving something meaty, I love to make these easy, healthy herb turkey burgers. They satisfy both of us, as they are hearty and filling without sacrificing the waistline.
They work great on the grill or stovetop. To spice them up and make them feel a bit more gourmet, I love pairing them with an onion jam that is major delicious. You can make your own jam or buy one at supermarkets. They go so well with these tasty burgers.
Juicy Herb Turkey Burgers With Onion Jam Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1¼ cup fresh parsley leaves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon salt coarse
- ¼ teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 4 buns for serving
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 bunch lettuce
- 2 tablespoons onion jam
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add shallots; cook, stirring, until they are soft and translucent, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Mix turkey, parsley, 2 teaspoons of mustard, and shallots in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide into four equal parts, and form into patties.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add patties, and cook until the underside is brown about 3 ½ minutes. Turn, and continue cooking until another side is brown and the centre is no longer pink about 4 minutes. Transfer to plates; serve immediately with buns, lettuce, mustard, avocado and onion jam.