Best Ever Slow Cooker Turkey Meatloaf. I tend to be a bit of an over-exaggerator. I often speak using superlatives and get crazy expressive and animated when telling a story.
It helps get the point across. But I promise you. This is, hands-down, the Best Ever Slow Cooker Turkey Meatloaf I have ever eaten! It’s juicy and full of flavor and pairs well with just about any vegetable and side of rice or quinoa.
Best of all, it’s easy to assemble and doesn’t require any pre-cooking or browning of ground meat (you’re welcome!). Even the kids will love it! (All the kids in our house devoured every last bite).
Many thanks to Jenn for sharing this recipe. I hereby declare that it is, indeed, the BEST Meatloaf Ever!
Best Ever Slow Cooker Turkey Meatloaf
FOR THE MEATLOAF:
- 2 ½ pounds ground turkey (minced turkey) - or ground beef
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt - I didn’t have this, so I just used kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic - you can use dry if you don’t have fresh
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup milk - I used Almond Milk, but use whatever you have on hand
- 1 small yellow onion
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 teaspoon sugar (white sugar)
- ⅔ cup ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- ¼ cup yellow onion
- ¼ cup water
- Mix all the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. (if you have time, which you probably don’t, you can sauté the diced onion. Totally optional and will taste great either way.)
- Form into a loaf to fit the slow cooker. Place a strip of foil under the meatloaf to make it easier to place in and remove from the crock.
- In a smaller bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the sauce.
- Once you have the meat formed in the slow cooker, cover the top of the meatloaf with the sauce.
- Cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.