I decided to try a new spin on an old classic for our Sunday night dinner with this Amazing BBQ Turkey Meatloaf recipe. It’s been so cold lately, and it’s definitely causing some comfort food cravings around my house. I’ve never really been a fan of meatloaf, but I ran across a BBQ sauce meatloaf recipe and thought it sounded pretty good.
This turkey meatloaf is an easy option when you want something quick and filling on a tiring day. It’s easy to make and is guaranteed to satisfy you. Curious about how you can make this at home? Check out the simple recipe below!
Amazing BBQ Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium egg - whisked
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce (barbecue sauce) - divided
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - sShredded
- First, slice your onion into thin slices. Melt butter in a bot or skillet when you finish with your slicing. Then add your onions and a bit of salt – let this cook for about 20 minutes, making sure not to burn the onions.
- Then preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine ground turkey, Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce, bread crumbs, pepper to taste, cheese, and onions in a large bowl.
- Then take your 1/4 cup of BBQ, spread it over the top, and bake for about 20 minutes.