This Pork and Shrimp Lettuce Wraps are my go-to paleo meal when I want something filling and delicious but have very little time. Rachael Ray would be happy to know this is 30 minutes or less kind of meal. Even my non-paleo friends enjoyed it. I like this with quartered bell peppers. You can also use lettuce as the wrap, but I encourage you to try it with coloured bell peppers. They have a great natural sweet taste, a nice crunch and a perfect way to get more veggies in without even trying!
This Pork and Shrimp Lettuce Wraps are one of my favourite paleo recipes, and I’ve made it a dozen times but keep forgetting to post.
Refreshing Pork and Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound ground pork (minced pork)
- 1 pound shrimp - chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms - chopped
- 2 small limes
- 1 small onion - finely diced
- ½ tablespoon ginger - minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic - minced
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat saucepan on high with extra virgin olive oil. Add the ground pork, mushrooms, and onion once the pan is heated. Stir frequently until the ground pork is lightly brown. Then add the shrimp, ginger, garlic and onions. Stir until the shrimp is a lovely pink colour and fully cooked.
- Add fresh ground pepper and juice 2 limes on top of the pork and shrimp. Continue stirring the ingredients.
- You can wash your lettuce leaves and quarter some coloured bell peppers to serve. I love love love this with bell peppers. Try it! Add the green onions as a garnish once the pork and shrimp are fully cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!