Satisfying Pork Rice Porridge
This pork rice porridge recipe is so filling. It's the most comforting meal to have when feeling under the weather.
- 400 grams ground pork (minced pork)
- 2 cups white rice - cooked
- 6 medium shiitake mushrooms - hydrated and sliced
- 1 large carrot - diced
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 inches ginger - flattened
- 12 cups water
Pork Marinade Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce - light
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 100 ml water
- 4 sprigs green onions - thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs cilantro (coriander) - coarsely chopped
- 2 small limes - quartered
- ½ bowl garlic - fried
- 2 inches ginger - minced
- 1 dash chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanuts
- Add cooked rice, 12 cups of water, ginger, and pork seasoning in a pot. Leave to boil, then lower to a simmer until the rice has thickened into a paste. Stir constantly.
- Meanwhile, marinate minced pork in light soy sauce, salt, sugar, corn starch, white pepper and sesame oil. Add enough water to moisten the mixture. Roll the minced pork into small balls. Cover and leave in a cool place.
- Add shiitake mushrooms, cloud ear fungus and carrot about 30 minutes into the cooking.
- Add minced pork to the rice in the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- When the rice porridge is done, take it off the heat, stir in 2 eggs and close the lid for a minute.
- Serve the rice porridge in bowls with condiments on the side.
Calories: 726kcalCarbohydrates: 89gProtein: 29gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 4725mgPotassium: 698mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 3493IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 113mgIron: 3mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.